Follow our expedition to the summit of Mount Everest and back, daily news from the mountainside, YouTube, Facebook and Everest 3D mapping integraded with SPOT GPS Tracking. Very cool!
Friday, May 18, 2012
HIGH WINDS- TEAM 2 POSTPONED SUMMIT BID
High wind reported by various members at the South Col so Tim is turning everyone around to Camp 2 this morning to wait for the next window on the 23rd/24th. This is the same scenario how it played out last season. We have plenty of oxygen in our contingency plan offer two attempts if need be and this is a need be situation in avoiding the potential for frostbite. Marty will be checking in once Team #1 reaches the South Summit to give us their status. Tim's last words "safety first". Becky
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment